Labels

Monday, April 4, 2016

Know not Why Quotes, Review and Excerption by Hannah Johnson



Yes, yes, it's another M/M romance.
And if you're not a fan of gay, feel free to skip this post, the book, the review. But let me say something, LOVE is not about gender. "GAY" shouldn't be the term you use to insult people.

But if you do find offense, I apologize. Let me continue do my job, reviewing the good books :)

'KNOW NOT WHY',,, I'm not sure about this book being a page turner but I do know that I wanted to quote every page of this book. This book is funny. REALLY is. I recommend you to read this because this book let you know that people screw up, all the time but people also forgives and recovers from time to time.

SO the whole plot is how Howie met Arthur (his boss) and denying he is not gay but he's into kissing Arthur and not want to come out to his family.
Not so much of a plot, I know. But you should try this book some times. This book gives you emotions besides humor, believe me, I can connect with the characters (each and every) which is rare. Because normally, good books can make us connect with main characters but not with supporting characters.
Howie also got Amber who is his bestfriend and seemed like she's got a crush on him? I dunno, I'm not sure about that part (yes, even after I've done reading).

Let's see some funny little moments <3


“Honestly, I’ve started to forget that I’m a reindeer, until the little girl’s eyes land on me. I am immediately seized by panic. Somehow, I just know – know – this isn’t good.

“Rudolph!” she squeals, looking up at me with those big eyes.

“Hey!” I say, forcing as much cheer into the word as I can, because I genuinely believe for a stupid second or two that it wil be enough to satisfy her.
Then I start wondering if she’s going to flip out because I talked. Reindeer can’t talk. She gets that I’m not an actual reindeer, right?? I mean, I have a human face!

And then she exclaims, sweet and high-voiced, “He has to ride you!!”


I stare at her.


And stare, and stare.

“You have to ride him!” the girl persists, whipping her attention over to Arthur. “He’s your reindeer!”

There’s laughter again, but this time it’s tittering and naughty, and it’s al the adults. I look over at Kristy and Cora; Kristy’s hiding her smile behind her hand, and Cora is flat-out laughing. I do not, do not look at Arthur.
“And then somehow, accidental y, eyes guided by the wil of Satan (or, you know, something else that sucks), I do.

He looks back at me hopelessly. Or at least, I think he’s hopeless. It’s hard to tel behind the big white beard.
“Not right now,” Arthur says at last.

Seriouslyyyyy, I laugh out loud XD Of course Arthur means exactly what he said by 'not right now'. I know what you're thinking because that's what everyone is thinking XD
Eventually, Howie started to accept his feelings for Arthur and try saying except "I don't know"


“I start to wonder what ‘okay’ means. Does okay mean done? This whole thing, is it done now?
All of a sudden, that just seems like the most incredible fucking waste. I didn’t – I dunno, get kissed by a guy and have my whole life turned upside down just so it could all be nothing. Get labeled the side effects of douchey Patrick and Drew Barrymore.

And so, not even feeling like me, I decide to do something about it. 
I look down at the tabletop, and I bust out all the bravery I’ve got, plus more that I definitely don’t got, and I say, “I like you, though.”

It’s quiet for a few searing, excruciating seconds.

“You do?” he says then.

“Of that I am sure,” I reply, real gravely. I’m not sure if it’s jokey seriousness or the real deal. Artie, he doesn’t help me out at all – he just keeps sitting there, staring at me, saying exactly nothing. 

It’s the kind of thing that’s gonna make a guy feel nervous, and eventual y, I add, “Unless you don’t like me, in which case, I’m just bull shitting you—”

“Nikki has good taste.”

I don’t even really know what to do with that completely irrelevant little gem. “In what, music?”

“Cute guys,” he says, all deliberately.

Ohhhhhh.
Well . Okay. I can be down with that.

“Are you flirting with me?” I ask. I’m pretty sure he is, but hey, that doesn’t mean I can’t rub it in.

“Maybe a little,” he replies, eyes all slyly glinting.

“That,” I say, “is real y unprofessional.”

“Of course,” he agrees. He holds up one hand, this ‘my apologies’ gesture. I’d almost think he was serious if it weren’t for the sly eyes and the way the corner of his mouth is just barely twitching. “I’l back off accordingly.”

“No,” I say, a little softer than I mean to. “Keep doin’ what you’re doin’.”

I watch him start to smile as the words sink in. Then he leans in and puts his hands on my face and kisses me. I kiss him back, which is definitely gay. And wouldn’t you know, at the moment, I don’t even fucking care.




You wanna read the book, I know you do. :)
I promised you quotes, so some funny quotes XD


I like my body when it’s with his body.

‘Cause seriously, dude, when it comes to freaking out about you, I am the master. I am friggin’ incomparable, I got mad skills all over the place. And I don’t think this is exactly mutual freaking out, like, I don’t get the sense that I make you want to wither and die and explode. And that’s okay. That’s cool. I’m kind of going through a thing here that you probably went through a long time ago, unless you didn’t go through it at all because you’re just all together, like, you popped out of the womb, all, ‘Thanks for squeezing me out, Mom; no more pussy for me.”

That’s the kinda stuff that you’ve gotta figure out on your own, I think. Soul searching’s one of those things you do alone.

I’ve never been a very lonely person. I’m very good at being on my own. But after I met him, I lost a bit of that. It was like he helped me find some whole new section of my heart, one I didn’t even know existed before. One for just him to fill. And when he wasn’t there to do it, I felt his absence so keenly.

You wanna skip this book? Fine, you are missing out all those humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment