Labels

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Archer's Voice REVIEW, QUOTES, EXCERPTION by Mia Sheridan


People can be a little bit exaggerating. This book is good, absolutely more than just good. But I don't know, the whole thing about "small town, a guy like myth" isn't exactly my thing. I just... it's so unrealistic.

This book is Bree-centered book. Well, it says "Archer's voice" so I thought it could be about Archer. Well, yep it is. But I felt that it's more about how Bree is fragile. How she hurt and ran away from her problems. How she is the one the myth-like guys fall for... Well... I'm too old for that fantasy.

Other than that, it's a great book. Sex part not bad. But I can't feel the pain of Bree. There, the part she is total mess, I read it. But the feeling and emotion just won't come. But strangely, when Archer is worried about her? HERE WE GO, my strange little heart is beating. Maybe I don't like Bree. Maybe I love Archer. TOO MUCH. Yes, he's a god. A genius, with an incredible heart that is extremely hard to find in *hot* guys these days.

Well, aren't hot guys in books too common these days? Yeah you could say that but Archer is so kind and so innocent that it hurts me. It makes me want to protect him from all kind of harms and I know it's impossible because there probably won't be guys like him around anymore.

Bree has a dog... So, that dog ended up being a cupid, not so creative huh?

I took the stone path around the house, trailing my hands along the painted wood. I peeked around the back of the house and there he was, his bare back to me as he raised an axe over his head, his back muscles flexing as he swung downward, cracking an upright log straight down the middle so that three pieces all fell outward and landed on the dirt.
He bent down and picked them up and placed them in a stack of neatly piled pieces sitting under a tree, a large tarp off to one side.
As he turned back around to the stump where he was chopping the smaller pieces, he caught sight of me and startled and then froze. We both stood there staring at one another, my mouth slightly open and his eyes wide.
I closed my mouth and smiled, but Archer remained staring for several beats before his eyes did one quick sweep of me and returned to my face, narrowing now.
My eyes moved over him as well, his well-defined naked chest, all smooth-skinned muscles and rippling abs. I had never actually seen an eight-pack, but there it was, right in front of me. I guessed that even slightly strange, silent hermits weren't exempt from exceptional physiques. Good for him.

Could be said that it's their second meet. Archer appearance is yeah... wild and messy. Totally like a cave-person but... I don't see what's so bad about a cave person.

Oh... I forgot to mention something, Archer does not speak. 


Sometimes an understanding silence was better than a bunch of meaningless words.

I lost my heart to you. And, Bree, in case you're wondering, I don't ever want it back.

Try to believe that maybe more light shines out of those who have the most cracks.

Maybe there was no right or wrong, no black or white, only a thousand shades of gray when it came to pain and what we each held ourselves responsible for.

Loving another person always means opening yourself up for hurt.

I want to be able to love you more than I fear losing you

And sometimes, that's all it takes–one person who's willing to listen to your heart, to the sound no one else has ever tried to hear.

So... HAVE FUN READING ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment