Labels

Sunday, August 20, 2017

The Wrath and The Dawn Series Review, Quotes and Excerption by Renee Ahdieh


THE WRATH AND THE DAWN is the retelling of the 1001 nights (About the King that murdered the wife he married at each dawn.)
It is nice. The author is being creative but it lacks smooth flow and originality. And the choice of words are a bit off. How the two characters fall for each other is unconvincing. I am sorry, I like the book in overall but it's full with flaws. Guess, that wasn't my type after all.

Khalid - They said 'boy-king' or 'monster' that is feared and hated by the whole country because he snatched the young girls away and all ended up dead at mid-night. No one knows the reason but they all thought it's this way because of his nature.

Shahrzad - The one girl that stayed alive nights after nights because of her tales. No one knows other than her family that she has come to revenge for her best friend and other girls.

Tariq - Childhood friend and lover of  Shahrzad. He gathered people with the help of Uncle Reza whose girl also fall under the cruel killings by the King.

Of course, it's no brainer that Khalid and Shahrzad will fall in love with each other and Tariq will be the one filled with jealousy. The only thing that drove me to continue reading this is the creativity and the reason behind why Khalid kept killing his wives-to-be.

And I know, and a lot happened during the first book but it ended with no motivation to keep searching for it's 2nd book.
To be fair, the first book is really interesting starting from the middle. The rebellion group lead by Tariq is... (god, I just gave a spoiiiiilerrr) sorry. Yeah, the 2/3 of the book is filled with exciting stuffs.
Just, not enough to make me need the 2nd book "The Rose & The Dagger"



I don't know what it is about the characters that made the story more interesting. The plot is nice but need more creativity. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it. But looking overall, it didn't suck even though it felt like the author rushed a bit to the end. 
The series could extend to another book but it didn't. 
There are a lot of things that needed to be explained but left for us to imagine. I am someone that dig for details so, this has been really a minus for me.

I did not want to spoil this for you guys so I didn't mention a lot of things here but I could say, you should find that out yourself. Grab that book, with a blanket and ready to get angry at Shahrazad's father.


Some things exist in our lives for but a brief moment. And we must let them go on to light another sky.

It does not take courage to kill. It takes courage to live.

I know love is fragile. And loving someone like you is near impossible. Like holding something shattered through a raging sandstorm. If you want her to love you, shelter her from that storm…And make certain that storm isn’t you.

No comments:

Post a Comment