Labels

Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Fall Up Review, Quotes and Excerption by Aly Martinez


We are not supposed to judge a book by its cover. Well, I have myself to blame (in my defense, the first few chapters are my kind of book). Because this cover is really pretty, so I thought maybe I am really gonna win it big.

The story starts like this...
“IT WAS RAINING. 
Isn’t that the way all great love stories start? And also usually end? The midnight air was cool against my skin as I stared off that bridge...”

But the first few chapters are done and the another few chapters are continuing and the only thing that grows is my disappointment. I expect so much but then my high hopes for "The Fall Up" are crushed as the story continued.

Levee ; The super hot celebrity who is also the America's sweetheart is suicidal.
Sam ; The stranger who saved her? 

Interesting characters but... just can't relate.
But for the lots, it is happy ending. I might only be the in the minority group that doesn't like this book, so... you guys could try but I had warned ya...

The second book is REALLY good which is MM Romance.

Henry didn’t find it humorous. “Damn it. Why is heterosexuality such a cock block?”
“It really is.”
And it really was for Henry. He was tall, with a lean, muscular body that even I couldn't help but notice on occasion. Women adored him even though he was openly gay. However, Henry's biggest problem in the love department was his obsession with straight men. I couldn’t even count the number of times Henry’s heart had been broken by a guy who he’d convinced to give him a chance but ultimately went right back to women.

Quotes ~

I was falling fast for that man, and I could only hope I was taking him with me.

Don't tell me you're fine. Don't tell me you have to go. Don't tell me that everything is okay. Just tell me the truth your eyes are so desperate for me to hear.

My life was fine. My job was fine. My house was fine. My friends were fine. God, I was sick of fucking fine. I needed something... anything... to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment