Labels

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Life in Outer Space REVIEW, QUOTES EXCERPTION by Melissa Keil



This is a story of hot, new girl in highschool and a nerd.
The story itself is pretty simple.
There's nothing complicated mysterious thing happening. Oh, may be you will encounter one little thing with Sam's bestfriend, Mike.
(Mike sounded hot/ you know)

But I enjoyed it.
Because it sounded real, it sounded the things happened to them are pretty much things we probably could encounter in our lives. And the writing... is just great!

The author doesn't exaggerate anything. Like heart-breaking girl don't do alcohol and drugs out of nowhere. Yes, like I said, it's realistic.

And you guys should want to read some short excerptions from the book, probably?


“I said that I am in love with you. I've tried not to be, I really have, but it's just useless. I know you don't feel the same way about me, but I had to tell you because... well, you're all I think about. All the time. I miss you every second that you're not with me... and I know you won't want to be around me anymore, but, Camilla... you're one of the best friends I've ever had. You're smart and amazing and weird and probably the most beautiful person I've ever seen... and before I met you, all I wanted was just to fast-forward through everything. But, really, I think my life was just paused, or something. You... made me press play. You made everything move. And no matter where you go, or whatever you feel about me... I will love you forever for that.”


If someone every said that to me? I would say "yes" immediately for the marriage. Yes, omg! GUYS around me aren't romantic at all. Their idea of romantic sucks, (flowers, rings, blah blah blah)
SO, ANYWAY...

“I’m not sure what to do, so I sit on the floor on the opposite side of her. I unpack my bag and stack my books in order of size. Then I shuffle the books around again. I suddenly find that the polished surface of the coffee table is one of the most interesting features of my house, and I can’t believe I haven’t actually noticed this before. I see my reflection. I look like an idiot. I clear my throat.

Camilla drops her books onto the table with a thump. 
‘Are these all yours?’ she says, waving at the shelves.
‘Mostly. Yeah.’
‘Wow.’ She stands up and runs her fingers along the DVDs. 
‘And they’re alphabetised? How OCD of you.’ She tilts her head and peers at the spines. 
‘Horror, horror, sci-fi, horror, zombie – I’m noticing a theme here.’
‘I like movies,’ I say weakly.
She laughs. ‘Yeah, I’m getting that.’
I scramble up beside her. ‘No, I mean … I study them. It’s sort of what I want to do.’
She tugs out a random German horror. ‘Screenwriting?’
‘Um, yeah. Maybe. I guess.’
‘And so, have you written anything?’
‘Sam’s written loads,’ says Adrian as he shoves open the lounge-room door with his knee. He’s carrying one of Mum’s good trays piled with fruit and chips. Mike and Allison follow behind with glasses and a giant bottle of Coke.”

Did I say 'simple'? ah, nah, things this very talented author makes you feel aren't simple. No. so, you better get this book.
Well, at least, this book is not gonna make you have the ugly-cry and chest pains. BUT you should read this some time.

Y'all waiting for the quotes part right? Here we go,


I guess some people enter your orbit and get stuck, and there's nothing either of you can do about it.

“And, anyway it's not always about fitting in."
"It's not?"
"Nope. Sometimes, it's about reading your environment real quick, and then finding the bits that fit you.”

No-one knows anything. Anyone who tells you they do... is full of bollocks.


I fall asleep with the sound of her voice echoing in my head, and a feeling in my chest like someone is scooping my heart out with a spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment