Labels

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Easy Quotes, Excerption and Review by Tammara Webber



Contours of the Heart. 
As soon as I saw that title, I decided to read that series. Yeah, book title counts. For me, book title is the way to tell how creative the author is. Yes, she is creative.
But... it's the writing. Not my type. Not that the writing, it's the sequential writing. This book hardly give me a emotional-ride, let alone a roller-coaster.
The plot is nice.

  • Second chance.
  • Getting Over. 
  • Brave.
  • Choosing. 
Yes, there's one pretty twist. But not so brilliant cause I see through it. ;) 
It's actually a good page turner. I also like how the author is being witty and snapped back, and how Landon flirts little with Jacqueline. (I am a slave for words, I know)

I guess, you might want to see the interactions between them right??

Landon,We were together almost three years. I never saw it coming. I followed him here to school, instead of trying for a performing arts school. My orchestra teacher nearly had a stroke when I told him. He pleaded with me to audition at Oberlin or Julliard, but I didn’t. I can’t blame anyone but myself. I trusted my future to my HS boyfriend, like an idiot. Now I’m stuck somewhere I’m not supposed to be. I don’t know if I just believed that much in him, or that little in myself. Either way, pretty freaking stupid, huh? So there’s my weepy little story.Thank you for the article.JW


Jacqueline,Not stupid. Overly trusting, maybe, but that reflects on his lack of trustworthiness, not on your intelligence. As for being somewhere you’re not supposed to be – maybe you’re here for a reason, or there is no reason. As a scientist, I lean toward the latter. Either way, you’re off the hook. You made a decision; now you make the best of it. That’s all you can do, right? On that note, I’m off to study for a statistical mechanics quiz. Who knows, maybe I’ll be able to prove scientifically that your ex isn't worthy of you, and you're exactly where you should be.LM


/sigh/ yes, they are emailing each other. Because Landon isn't Jacqueline's friend. He is assistant of J's professor. He's giving her assignments and help her cover for the exam she missed. AND THEY NEVER MET OUTSIDE!!!!

Heyyyy, don't forget about Lucas yet!!!


“Hey, Jacqueline.” That wasn’t Benji’s voice.The seats were bolted to the floor, with right-handed desktops. Lucas leaned slightly over the side of Benji’s, pushing into the very margin of my space. My breath caught, and I focused on letting it out, appearing unaffected. “Oh, hi.”
He bit his lower lip once, briefly. “I guess you didn’t notice the phone number on your coffee cup.”I glanced at my phone, sitting on the edge of my textbook. “I noticed.” I watched his reaction, knowing I was practically telling him to chase me.
He smiled, his light eyes crinkling slightly at the corners, and I tried not to swoon visibly. “I see. Turnabout is fair play. How ’bout you give me yours?”
I arched a brow at him. “Why? Do you need help in economics?”He bit his lip in earnest that time, stifling a laugh. “Hardly. What makes you think that?”
I frowned. Could I be attracted to a guy who cared so little about doing well in class? “I guess it’s not my business.He leaned his chin into the palm of his hand. The tips of his fingers were tinged with gray, probably from drawing with that pencil sitting over his ear. “I appreciate your concern, but I want your number for reasons completely unrelated to economics.”
I picked up my phone and found his number, and sent him a text that said: Hi.“Dude, you’re in my seat.” Benji’s tone was matter-of-fact, but unperturbed.
Lucas’s phone vibrated in his hand, and he smiled as my text popped up, giving him my number. “Thanks.” He unfolded himself from the chair and addressed Benji. “Sorry, man.”“No prob.” Benji was one of the most easygoing people I’d ever met. 
His attitude said slacker, but I’d gotten a look at the midterm crammed into his notebook—he’d made a high B, and for all his talk about skipping class and sleeping in, he’d yet to miss one. After Lucas sauntered back to his seat, Benji leaned over the edge of his desktop, closer than Lucas had. “So what was that about?” His eyebrows rocked up and down and I tried not to grin.

And here we go, quotes ^_^


Choosing to be with you, isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline...It's easy. Incredibly easy.

Love is not the absence of logic
but logic examined and recalculated
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart

As for being somewhere you're not supposed to be--Maybe you're here for a reason, or there is no reason.

I noticed you the first week. Not just because of how pretty you are, though of course, that played into it. It was the way you lean onto your elbows when you 're listening in class, when something catches your interest. And when you laugh, it's never to get attention, it's just-laughter. The way you obssevively tuck your hair behind your ear on the left side, but let the right side fall down like a screen. And when you 're bored, you tap your foot soundlessly and move your fingers on the desktop like you 're playing an instrument. I wanted to sketch you.

The way he kissed me felt like a brand. Like he was tattooing himself under my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment