Labels

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Breaking Him (Love is War #1) Quotes, Excerption and Review by R.K Lilley


I love Dante. 
I hate Dante.
I love Scarlett. 
I hate Scarlett.

Yeah... totally mixed feelings. I totally love the writing.
The way the story reveal and unravel bits by bits is very interesting. I never really like a romance theme novel since the start of the chapter. The way Scarlett loves her friends, the way she is so fixated on revenge, the way the story is traveling from past to present makes me wonder what is like to be her friends and herself.

Scarlett is one of the flight attendants at the start of the story and Dante, her ex.
So it's a given that both of them are not over each other as Dante is on her plane. They messed around. There's a lot of denying of feelings, a lot of hurt and a lot of painful past. Of course also a lot of sweet start of the romance.
Sometimes they go overboard. I don't understand why they had to hurt each other.


SCARLETT 
When I was a child, I thought that no one would ever love me.  For the longest time, I was certain of this.  It was me against the world, and the world was cruel. But then.
Then.
Dante.
He loved me so deep and so hard that I was blinded by it.
I thought it was a miracle.  I was so young, so impressionable, so infatuated.
So stupid.  For years and years, all I had the sense to do was bask in it.I let our love rule my life.  It was everything to me.  He was.  I became possessive of every part of him.  And it didn’t take much for that possessive streak to turn ugly.  My jealous rages were infamously brutal on us both.

Possessive, jealous, bad-temper those are all perfect adjectives to describe both Dante and Scarlett

Dante, who’d been a silent presence at my back, spoke then, “You’re not alone,” he said, his voice emotional.  Intense.  
I acted as if I had not heard, as if he had not spoken.  Those words meant nothing to me, particularly coming from him.
“You were wrong, Gram,” I said softly, tone emotionless because I was resigned to the awful, lonely truth of it.  
“Love doesn’t save our souls.  It kills them.”
I could hear Dante literally grinding his teeth behind me.”
For some strange reason, Dante sat me next to him in the front row for the service.  I didn’t have the energy to fight him on it, so I took my seat, glancing surreptitiously around at all of the familiar faces and the significance of where they were sitting and whom they were sitting with.
Predictably, I clocked Tiffany’s location first, but she’d placed herself so close to us, directly behind Dante in fact, that it was hard not to.
I almost moved when she first sat down, almost got up and made a scene, but.....

So, there's this "Tiffany" apparently villain, yeah.

If you're looking for a page turner, this book is a to-go. That cliff-hanger ending is something I didn't expected.
AND Bastian!!! (GOD HE IS SEXY)
Who is Bastian? 
My boyfriend. 
Sorry, he will be playing an important role in next book... 
Another thing about this book is that there are quotes every start of the chapter. LET's see what makes here ... XD

I was born for the storm, and a calm does not suit me.

It was the sweetest torture, the most delightful torment, to let the man that had ruined me for joy bring it back into my body for one brief instant.

Unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade will suck. - A realist.

Temptation is a woman's weapon and man's excuse. - H. L. Mencken

If you ever looked at me once with what I know in you, I would be your slave. - Emily Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment