Labels

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Norwegian Wood Review and Quotes by Haruki Murakami



Please, before you read this book, keep that in mind. DO NOT LET THE WORDS SINK IN. DO NOT FEEL. But it will be impossible. TRY not to let the book makes you ride the emotional roller coaster.

The whole story doesn't make sense. I mean life is not filled only with broken people right? The main character Toru Watanabe is only 20!!! When things start, he was 17. It might probably be boring. But the little stories each character, it's full of sadness, full of life. You can't deny them. You can dismiss them but read them, sympathize them.

But I probably will never re-read that book again. I don't wanna sit quietly at the corner of the room with no intention of communicating or involving with people around me after finishing that book. But I'm not sure if I can really say that? Finish that book I mean. Did it even finish? Had it? I don't know. I don't get the closure. Instead, I'm left with number of questions.

Yes, this is the most important thing for me. CLOSURE. I am not satisfied and gave that book 3 out of 5 stars only because of this reason. But lessons learned? I don't know. I am too fed up with Naoko to learn the lessons from them. I'm gonna stop. Because, if I don't, I will end up giving spoilers.

Just let's go to quotes,



If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.

What a terrible thing it is to wound someone you really care for and to do it so unconsciously. 

Despite your best efforts, people are going to be hurt when it's time for them to be hurt.


No truth can cure the sorrow we feel from losing a loved one. No truth, no sincerity, no strength, no kindness can cure that sorrow. All we can do is see it through to the end and learn something from it, but what we learn will be no help in facing the next sorrow that comes to us without warning.

Nobody likes being alone that much. I don't go out of my way to make friends, that's all. It just leads to disappointment.

What makes us most normal is knowing that we're not normal.


If you're in pitch blackness, all you can do is sit tight until your eyes get used to the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment